Adoption Is An Optionby: Debra Slater
If a couple has been trying for sometime to conceive and have done everything they could to do so, then maybe they could consider adoption.
There are so many babies and children in the world looking for a mother and father. Couples can choose to adopt a child in their home country or one from abroad. There have been those couples who have adopted children from several different countries. The highest profile adoptions recently have been Angelina Jolie and Meg Ryan. Angelina adopted a little boy, Maddox, from Cambodia and a little girl, Zahara, from Ethopia. Meg Ryan adopted a little girl from China.
Adoption is not an easy process. There are many requirements that the adoptive couple will have to meet before they are allowed to move forward with the adoption. Here is a list showing some of the criteria:
* * Marital Status
* * Length of Marriage
* * Age of Adoptive Parents
* * Health and Disabilities Issues of Adoptive Parents
* * Use of Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco
* * Fertility Status
* * Other Children in the Family
* * Financial Status
* * Employment Stability
The cost of adoption depends on how they choose to proceed. If they use the US foster care system, there is little or almost no cost to the adoptive parents. In some states, subsidies are offered. Stepparent or kinship adoptions usually cost up to $2,500.
Using an agency, private or international adoption can cost up to $30,000.
Benefits: You control the search process and the degree of openness with the birthparents, have direct contact with the birthparents, and arenít restricted by agency requirements.
Risks: Costs are less predictable, as extensive advertising and medical expenses can drive up costs. Length of time to find a birthmother is unpredictable. As with an agency adoption, a birthparent can change her mind.
Here are some good resources with information about adoption: http://Adoption.com, National Adoption Center, National Council for Adoption, American Adoption Congress.
Regardless how the couple decides to adopt, the important fact is that they and their new child will be on their way to a nurturing and loving relationship.
About The Author
Our History: With over 25 years of experience in the baby related industry http://HappyMothers.com has the most experienced and knowledgeable sales staff, and customer service representatives. SEO by http://TrafficXTC.com.
-Infant Adoption Home Page
-The Adoption Guide
- Adopting an Infant with Special Needs
- Ask the Adoption Agency
- Avoiding Adoption Scam Artists
- Infant Adoption Home Study
- Infant Requirements for Intercountry Adoption
- Intercountry Infant Adoption
- Open Infant Adoption
- Post Infant Adoption Issues
- Private Infant Adoption
- Single Parent Infant Adoption
- Adoption - Hope for All
- Adoption: Laughter and Tears
- Adoption: Making Sure You're Ready
- Adoption Questions: Eligibility for Adoption
- Adoption Is An Option
- Know The Types Of Adoption
- Baby Adoption Laws
- International Adoption - Is It for You?
- Baby Showers for Adoptive Parents
- Adoption As An Infertility Solution
- The Differences Between Foster Care and Adoption
- 7 Things You Need to Know Before Adopting a Child
- 7 Things You Need to Adopt a Child
Infant Adoption Info Site Map
Copyright © 2006